BIIT Research group
The Bioinformatics, Algorithmics, and Data Mining group BIIT led by prof. Jaak Vilo is a joint research group between the Department of Computer Science (University of Tartu), Quretec, and the Estonian Biocenter. Our main research topics and capabilities include the gene regulation, gene expression data analysis, biological data mining, systems biology, combinatorial pattern matching, developing software for biomedical research databases, as well as partnering in stem cell and cancer related projects.
- ClustVis - a web tool for visualizing clustering of multivariate data
- seqlm R package for finding differentially methylated regions (DMRs) is available at Github
- GOsummaries R package for visualising GO enrichment results as wordclouds is available at CRAN
- MEM - Multi-Experiment-Matrix -- large-scale gene expression data queries and mining (Genome Biology 2009)
- g:Profiler family of tools for functional assessment of gene groups, gene ID mappings, orthology and expression similarity searches. (NAR web server issue 2007)
- KEGGanim - visualisation of high-throughput data on biological pathway charts (Bioinformatics, 2007)
- GraphWeb - a tool for mining large biological networks (NAR Web server issue 2008)
- FunGenES data atlas
- More software tools
Current Active Research Grants
Prof. Jaak Vilo
Institute of Computer Science
University of Tartu
How to reach us?
Fly to Tallinn (or take a boat from Helsinki or Stockholm), take a taxi to Bus station and catch a coach to Tartu.
See the map of Tartu - from bus station to the Liivi 2 by car. By foot take the shortcut using Vallikraavi st.